- Monthly meetings for members, many of which include programs on wine grape growing and the wine industry.
- Field trips to observe and discuss vineyard management and various aspects of wine grape growing.
- Promoting El Dorado County's premium wine grape growing region
- Sponsoring two awards at the El Dorado County Fair Open Wine Competition.
- Hosting a Holiday Season party and other social events throughout the year to build camaraderie and communication between members.
- Cooperating with the UC Cooperative Extension on vineyard research and Foothill Grape Day.
Full ("voting") membership in the El Dorado Wine Grape Growers Association is available to anyone who grows wine grapes commercially, or who is in the process of planning and developing a commercial vineyard, in El Dorado County, California. Associate membership is available to any person or entity that provides services or products to the viticulture or wine industry, or owner of a non-commercial vineyard in El Dorado County, and who pays half the voting membership rate.
The annual membership dues for Voting Membership are $75.00. This includes a full listing on our website and entitles members to vote and hold office. Voting Members shall designate their vineyards as producing or non-producing vineyards. While there is no difference in membership rights and privileges based on this designation, Voting Members can be non-producing vineyards for no more than 3 years.
The annual dues for Associate Membership, which includes a mention but not a full listing on our website, is $37.50. Associate members cannot vote or hold office in the Association.
All memberships run with the calendar year.